Provides students with the requisite knowledge and skills to analyse, configure and secure both traditional and cloud-based small-medium enterprise networks. More specifically students will learn to analyse principal network protocols, internetwork, configure and troubleshoot network devices. Students will also be introduced to network administration, network monitoring and securing data in a networked environment.
Network security threats
Understanding network attack trees
Network technologies for SME networks
Network protection measures for SME networks
Network vulnerability analysis and tools
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and analyse common threats to enterprise networks|
|2||compare and contrast network security technologies in enterprise networks.|
|3||competently apply standard network protection measures against the common threats.|
|4||demonstrate ability to perform network security checking using available tools.|
|5||demonstrate ability to critically analyse network security solutions for weaknesses.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and analyse common threats to enterprise networks
- compare and contrast network security technologies in enterprise networks.
- competently apply standard network protection measures against the common threats.
- demonstrate ability to perform network security checking using available tools.
- demonstrate ability to critically analyse network security solutions for weaknesses.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.