Covers the basics of network security. The unit provides students with a theoretical knowledge of network security and practical skills to secure a computer network. Students will learn to analyse network vulnerabilities and threats to network security and develop appropriate protection measures to secure an enterprise network.
1. Network security landscape and protection measure
2. Network vulnerability assessment tools
3. Layer-2 security
4. Layer-3 security
5. Layer 4-7 security
6. Monitoring and managing network security incidents
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and analyse common threats to enterprise networks|
|2||apply standard network protection measures against common threats|
|3||demonstrate ability to perform network security checking using available tools|
|4||demonstrate ability to monitor and manage network security incidents|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and analyse common threats to enterprise networks
- apply standard network protection measures against common threats
- demonstrate ability to perform network security checking using available tools
- demonstrate ability to monitor and manage network security incidents
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.