Provides students with methods, skills and tools to analyse, contextualise, develop, optimise and manage contemporary multimedia resources for enhancing user experience. It takes students through the creative production of multimedia resources to build functional interactive applications. Students also examine issues related to performance, privacy, security and cultural aspects of multimedia products.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse various types of contemporary multimedia resources and distinguish their characteristics.|
|2||contextualise, develop and optimise contemporary multimedia resources for interactive applications.|
|3||manage team-based creative production.|
|4||evaluate and propose solutions to performance, security, privacy and cultural aspects of multimedia resources.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse various types of contemporary multimedia resources and distinguish their characteristics.
- contextualise, develop and optimise contemporary multimedia resources for interactive applications.
- manage team-based creative production.
- evaluate and propose solutions to performance, security, privacy and cultural aspects of multimedia resources.
- Vaughan, T, 2014, Multimedia: Making It Work, 9th edn, McGraw Hill Education.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.