|Gold Coast||Session 2,3||Session 2,3|
|Online||Session 2,3||Session 2,3|
Studies the technology of services provided by cloud providers with a view to select appropriate services and develop programs that use their programming Applications Programming Interfaces (API). Allows students to analyse and contrast security, performance and privacy implications of service providers.
- API's for cloud services
- Developing client apps and cloud based code with API's for cloud services
- Cloud service models
- Cloud performance issues and performance management in cloud applications
- Security and privacy concerns in cloud system development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||design and create cloud applications that use a cloud API||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||analyse and make recommendations for cloud services for specified applications||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||compare and contrast security and privacy attributes of cloud services from different providers.||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
- The textbook is highly recommended for all students. Textbook readings and activities are used extensively in the on-line offering. This text is available in electronic form.: Erl, T., Mahmood, Z. and Puttini, R., 2013, Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology and Architecture, 1st, Pearson, USA. ISBN: 978-0-13-338752-0.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Lecture online 1 hour (12 weeks)|
|Programming and report||25%|
|Exam: closed book||50%|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.