|Gold Coast||Session 2||Session 2|
Provides the techniques and tools to design and develop smart applications using the internet of things (IoT). Students will design, develop and test IoT solutions, as well as future techniques and tools for agile developments of IoT solutions, and improving the reliability and functionality of the intelligent applications.
1. Case studies: IoT applications
2. IoT frameworks
3. Things that collect and interact with data
4. Network and connectivity for IoT
5. Analysis and visualisations of IoT data
6. Methodology and tools for software development of IoT applications
7. Designing and programming the things
8. Connecting the things network
9. Developing intelligent IoT applications
10. Managing issues, performance and ecosystem of IoT applications
11. Security, privacy, and ethical concerns of managing data in IoT applications
12. Trends in the design and development of IoT technologies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||analyse opportunities and requirements for developing IoT solutions||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in IoT technologies||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
|3||develop IoT applications and the supporting framework of connected things||Creativity|
|4||determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed IoT application||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||propose solutions to intelligent IoT features which can enhance user experience and promote better use of the technologies||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.