|Gold Coast||Session 1,2||Session 1,2|
Provides students with both the theoretical and practical skills to respond to rapidly changing mobile and cloud application development. Students will be able to design, develop and test a cloud-enabled mobile application, as well as identify the risks of privacy, security and ethical use of personal data.
1. Case studies of mobile and cloud applications
2. Mobile device architecture and operating systems
3. Cloud service models
4. Methodology and tools for software development of mobile and cloud systems
5. Designing and programming mobile application (app)
6. Enhancing mobile app capabilities using device/internal sensors
7. Data synchronisation in cloud-supported mobile apps
8. Supporting context-awareness and intelligent apps using cloud services
9. App customisations and advanced user interface controllers
10. Performance issues and management
11. Security, privacy, and ethical concerns of managing data
12. Trends in design and development of mobile-cloud technologies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||analyse opportunities and requirements for developing cloud-enabled mobile applications||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||identify and evaluate recent trends and advances in mobile and cloud technologies||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||develop mobile applications and the supporting cloud services||Creativity|
|4||determine and critically assess performance issues, security, privacy and ethical concerns of the proposed mobile application||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||propose solutions to advanced/intelligent mobile app features which can enhance user experience and app’s functionality||Creativity||Lifelong learning|
- R. Boyer and K. Mew, Android Application Development Cookbook, 2nd Edition.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.