Requires students to integrate and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and creativity developed and documented throughout their degree. Students design, plan and manufacture at least one major technology design project reflective of their chosen major teaching areas, demonstrating advanced knowledge and skills, WHS and risk management, together with an understanding of the ways in which documentation needs to be developed to demonstrate the design, manufacture and evaluation processes for major design projects. Students will prepare for a mock employment interview and make a presentation of their culminating project and TAS resource folder, compiled across their degree.
1. Briefing regarding the requirements for the unit and project(s)
- requirements regarding technological, practical, safety, folio and risk management knowledge and skills
- requirements regarding the integration of specialisation knowledge, skills and techniques in the design project
- requirements regarding documentation 2. Preparation of TAS resource folio
3. Individual consultation and mentoring as required regarding major technology design project(s) (reflecting the student's chosen major teaching areas)
4. Interview skills, strategies and preparation
5. Presentation of the TAS resource folio and culminating project
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||design, plan and manufacture at least one major technology design project reflective of their chosen major teaching areas||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills and understanding of OHS and risk management||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||document appropriately the design, manufacture and evaluation processes for a culminating design project||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|4||demonstrate interview skills relevant to an employment interview||Communication and social skills|
|5||provide video evidence that the submitted major design project is all their own work||Communication and social skills|
|6||present a strong TAS resource folder demonstrating their readiness to enter the teaching profession.||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2014 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.