Requires students to integrate and demonstrate the culmination of knowledge, skills, and creativity developed and documented throughout their degree. Students design, plan and manufacture a technology design project that is reflective of their chosen major teaching areas, demonstrating advanced knowledge and skills, WHS and risk management. To accompany the project a project portfolio will demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which documentation needs to be developed to evidence the design, manufacture and evaluation processes for senior school major design projects.
1. Briefing regarding the requirements for the unit and project(s)
- requirements regarding technological, practical, safety, portfolio and risk management knowledge and skills
- requirements regarding the integration of specialisation knowledge, skills and techniques in the design project
- requirements regarding documentation
2. Individual consultation and mentoring as required regarding major technology design project(s) (reflecting the student's chosen major teaching areas)
NB: A primary consideration is the incorporation of the safest and best practical processes
- Design Processes
- Cultural, Social, economic, environmental and ethical considerations
- Project Proposal and Management
- Finance, time and action planning
- Risk Assessment and WHS
- Design development
- Research, analysis and design considerations
- Production drawings
- Practice of Production
3. Presentation of the major project portfolio and culminating project
- Project design communication and realisation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||design, plan and manufacture a major technology design project reflective of their chosen major teaching areas||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills and understanding of WHS and risk management||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||document appropriately the design, manufacture and evaluation processes for a culminating design project||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|4||demonstrate oral presentation skills||Communication and social skills|
|5||provide video evidence that the submitted major design project is all their own work||Communication and social skills|
|6||contribute to a Technology teaching resource folder that will demonstrate their readiness to enter the teaching profession.||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
|Tutorial online I hour (5 weeks)|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.