Not currently available in 2020
Addresses issues related to working and teaching in a multicultural setting, including social justice, equity, rights and diversity of cultural and Indigenous perspectives. Students reflect critically on their own cultural awareness and competence, identify the social and educational needs of diverse communities, and consider how these can be addressed through inclusive service design and delivery.
- Social justice, equity, rights and responsibilities
- Embracing and promoting cultural and Indigenous perspectives
- Knowing yourself - cultural awareness and cultural competence
- Recognising diversity and difference in your colleagues, clients and/or students
- Strategies for changing your practice
- Diversity in specific contexts: designing relevant and inclusive strategies and services
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||discuss issues of social justice, equity, rights and responsibilities and the benefits of embracing cultural and Indigenous perspectives in workplace settings||Creativity|
|2||critically reflect on their own cultural awareness and cultural competence||Ethical practice|
|3||analyse the needs of a diverse range of clients and/or students||Communication and social skills|
|4||design relevant and inclusive teaching and support strategies and services for their professional workplace setting.||Cultural competence|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- discuss issues of social justice, equity, rights and responsibilities and the benefits of embracing cultural and Indigenous perspectives in workplace settings
- GA2: Creativity
- critically reflect on their own cultural awareness and cultural competence
- GA3: Ethical practice
- analyse the needs of a diverse range of clients and/or students
- GA6: Communication and social skills
- design relevant and inclusive teaching and support strategies and services for their professional workplace setting.
- GA7: Cultural competence
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.