Builds on EDU00415 Creative Arts Education I: Foundations to further develop: an increased understanding of, knowledge in, appreciation of and accomplishment in art, music, drama and dance; and, the skills and understandings to plan, implement and evaluate learning experiences for children in the creative arts.
- NSW Creative Arts curriculum requirements: - Creative Arts K-6 Syllabus and Support Documents - NSW Primary Curriculum Foundation Statements - link between Stage 3 Creative Arts and Stage 4 visual arts, music, drama and dance
- Belonging, Being & Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia - its implication for creative arts
- Strategies for teaching and assessing that provide a continuous, sequential, developmental program in: - music and dance/movement - visual arts and drama
- Role and value of the creative arts in the broader school curriculum and the relationship between this key learning area and literacy and numeracy
- Differentiating the creative arts curriculum to meet the diverse needs of learners-birth to 12 years
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||explain the main components of the NSW Creative Arts syllabus, and creative arts sections of the NSW Primary Curriculum Foundation Statements||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||use the EYLF to help them plan learning experiences in the arts for young children||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|3||plan, teach and assess developmental learning experiences for primary children in dance, drama, music and visual art using the NSW Creative Arts syllabus, Support Documents and NSW Primary Curriculum Foundation Statements||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||work cooperatively in small groups to create, perform and assess music, dance and drama works suitable for performance for and by children||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|5||create and appreciate artworks.||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2015 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.