Explores sustainability and its implications for education. Students will critically examine environmental education, in addition to planning, implementing and evaluating environmental education learning experiences. The initial focus of the unit will be a personal reflective one moving on to a broader social and ecological focus.
This unit will be delivered as an external online study unit, complemented by the facilitation of direct learning experiences which are 'optional'. All learning materials will be delivered online.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically reflect upon their own environmental and sustainability experiences and philosophies|
|2||develop an understanding of the principles of sustainability|
|3||engage in critical debate and discussion concerning issues of sustainability and education|
|4||plan, implement and evaluate environmental education learning experiences (drawing upon experiential and place-based pedagogies).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically reflect upon their own environmental and sustainability experiences and philosophies
- develop an understanding of the principles of sustainability
- engage in critical debate and discussion concerning issues of sustainability and education
- plan, implement and evaluate environmental education learning experiences (drawing upon experiential and place-based pedagogies).
- Refer to Blackboard (MyReadings) for Week-by-Week Reading Guide and Readings: N/A, 2019, Online Environmental Education eReadings, 2nd edn, SCU.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.