Provides support for students seeking to develop a professional portfolio that provides tangible evidence of a high level of professional learning achieved against established standards of attainment. Students will plan and implement appropriate strategies for collecting, selecting, documenting and evaluating evidence of professional learning.
- The nature of lifelong learning, professional development and reflective practice
- The role of professional or industry standards in informing ongoing professional practice, learning and development
- Professional ePortfolios, reflective practice and continuing professional development
- Categories and sources of quality evidence for professional ePortfolios
- Self-reflection, peer critique, setting learning goals and ongoing development of professional ePortfolios
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Discuss the role of standards in informing professional practice and ongoing professional learning||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||Critically appraise the various functions, forms and features of professional portfolios||Intellectual rigour||Lifelong learning|
|3||Plan an appropriate strategies to collect, select and critique rigorous data and evidence for inclusion in a professional portfolio||Intellectual rigour||Lifelong learning|
|4||Present a ‘working’ professional portfolio that provides evidence of a high level of professional learning against an established set of standards||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
|5||Demonstrate autonomy, adaptability, responsibility and critical reflection and judgement as a life-long learning practitioner||Lifelong learning|
- e-book: Zwozdiak-Myers, P. , 2012, The Teacher’s Reflective Practice Handbook: becoming an extended professional through capturing evidence informed practice. , Routledge., Abingdon.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2017 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 1
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.