Examines the curriculum area of The Arts in early childhood settings and primary classrooms. Students will develop the necessary skills to design teaching and learning activities as well as assessment in early childhood and primary settings using relevant syllabus and frameworks. The unit focuses on student engagement and inclusive teaching for diverse learners. The unit further develops understanding of, knowledge in, appreciation of, and accomplishment in visual art, music, drama and dance.
Module 1: Curriculum, Syllabus, Learning Area, Subject and Stage
Module 2: Programming and Unit Structure
Module 3: Arts Pedagogy and Assessment
Module 4: Resource Design and Implementation Dance and Drama
Module 5: Resource Design Music and Visual Arts
Module 6: Implementation The Arts
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant national and state syllabuses and early childhood curriculum requirements|
|2||plan learning experiences for primary and early childhood children in dance, drama, music and visual art using national and state Arts syllabus, and relevant Support Documents|
|3||design teaching and learning strategies that may employ ICTs to maximise student engagement and inclusivity|
|4||meaningfully integrate creative arts across other Key Learning Areas and across key transition points (early childhood/primary/secondary)|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant national and state syllabuses and early childhood curriculum requirements
- plan learning experiences for primary and early childhood children in dance, drama, music and visual art using national and state Arts syllabus, and relevant Support Documents
- design teaching and learning strategies that may employ ICTs to maximise student engagement and inclusivity
- meaningfully integrate creative arts across other Key Learning Areas and across key transition points (early childhood/primary/secondary)
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Commonwealth of Australia. (2009). Belonging, being & becoming: The early years learning framework for Australia. Barton, ACT: Commonwealth of Australia. Available from https://www.acecqa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018-02/belonging_being_and_becoming_the_early_years_learning_framework_for_australia.pdf
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.