Introduces knowledge and skills to become familiar with the textiles or metal industry’s production processes dependent on the student's specialisation choice. The structure, properties, characteristics, preparation, processing and selection of textiles or metal and textiles or metal products will be examined. Students will develop skills and knowledge related to safety, storage, preparation, processing, presentation, and industry-specific workplace communication skills, leading to the design, preparation, manufacture and presentation of textiles or metal products.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||define the theory, legislation, policy and practice for the industry|
|2||assess the structure, properties and characteristics of products|
|3||demonstrate sound industry-specific workplace communication skills including literacy, numeracy, visual communication and industry production drawing applications|
|4||demonstrate broad foundational skills and methods for metal or textile products|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- define the theory, legislation, policy and practice for the industry
- assess the structure, properties and characteristics of products
- demonstrate sound industry-specific workplace communication skills including literacy, numeracy, visual communication and industry production drawing applications
- demonstrate broad foundational skills and methods for metal or textile products
- For Textile students only: Castle, C and Peters, L., 2012, Nelson Textiles and Design Preliminary and HSC, 2nd Edition, Cengage Learning, Australia. ISBN: 9780170210713.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.