Not currently available in 2023
This unit provides the basis for understanding the complexities of leadership in Australian Primary Schools. It utilises what the research and literature indicates are models and types of leadership and investigates the contexts and agenda for quality leadership enactment. Key issues of educational change, workplace culture and climates, and mentoring and coaching are addressed in this unit.
Topic 1: Using literature and research to frame educational leadership.
Topic 2: Introduction to concepts and models of educational leadership and their practical implementation.
Topic 3: The educational leader: rights and responsibilities.
Topic 4: Educational reform and school improvement.
Topic 5: Creating a professional learning community.
Topic 6: Engaging and working with parents and the community.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Provide evidence of deep understanding about Primary School leadership.|
|2||Critically analyse and describe literature about educational leadership.|
|3||Investigate distinguishing features and effects of various models and key attributes of quality leadership in the field of education.|
|4||Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the effects of educational change on workplace culture and climate, mentoring and coaching.|
|5||Propose quality strategies to achieve optimum educational futures for staff, students and the community.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Provide evidence of deep understanding about Primary School leadership.
- Critically analyse and describe literature about educational leadership.
- Investigate distinguishing features and effects of various models and key attributes of quality leadership in the field of education.
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of the effects of educational change on workplace culture and climate, mentoring and coaching.
- Propose quality strategies to achieve optimum educational futures for staff, students and the community.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.