Encourages interdisciplinary studies of the past to situate the present and imagine the future. It develops key concepts and skills in historiography through intersecting of matter, life, mind, culture, meaning and technology. The unit encourages critical and creative approaches to global challenges through engagement with local contexts.
Module 1: Big Questions: Interdisciplinary Approaches to History and Time
Module 2: History and Matter
Module 3: History & Life
Module 4: History and Mind
Module 5: History and Meaning
Module 6: The Future of History
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and apply key concepts, skills and processes in historiography|
|2||locate and demonstrate knowledge of historical events|
|3||creatively represent and respond to chronological and thematic connections between past, present and future events|
|4||critically analyse and evaluate connections between past, present and future events and apply interdisciplinary approaches to the study of authentic problems|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and apply key concepts, skills and processes in historiography
- locate and demonstrate knowledge of historical events
- creatively represent and respond to chronological and thematic connections between past, present and future events
- critically analyse and evaluate connections between past, present and future events and apply interdisciplinary approaches to the study of authentic problems
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.