Explore theoretical positioning and the science behind a range of local and global issues with a strong focus on sustainability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders histories and cultures acknowledging the scientific knowledge of Australia’s First Peoples. The unit enables opportunities for creative and critical thinking, researching, collaboratively seeking solutions to local ecological issues and being actively involved in science and technology skills and processes in everyday worlds and local communities.
Module 1: First Nations Peoples’ Knowledges and Sciences
Module 2: Theorising for Our Future Planet
Module 3: Local Ecological Issues
Module 4: Local Ecological Project 1
Module 5: Local Ecological Project 2
Module 6: Local Ecological Project 3
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||cultivate understanding of Indigenous theories and sciences|
|2||critically interrogates theoretical underpinnings and the science behind a range of local and global issues|
|3||work scientifically and technologically seeking solutions to local/global ecological issues|
|4||engages in collaborative research within the community seeking solutions to local/global ecological issues|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- cultivate understanding of Indigenous theories and sciences
- critically interrogates theoretical underpinnings and the science behind a range of local and global issues
- work scientifically and technologically seeking solutions to local/global ecological issues
- engages in collaborative research within the community seeking solutions to local/global ecological issues
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.