Not currently available in 2023
This unit introduces students to creative practices, processes and methods that enable students to address complex problems and develop innovative solutions. Students will explore and understand the nature of problems and patterns. Students will select ideas, generate scenarios and integrate inter-disciplinary perspectives to create new and sustainable value for society.
1. The creative practitioner.
2. Addressing complex challenges, Megatrends and sustainable development.
3. Generating and selecting ideas.
4. Creative collaborative practice.
5. Evaluating frameworks.
6. Inter-disciplinary perspectives.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Develop personal skills and identity as a creative practitioner.|
|2||Work collaboratively to generate creative solutions to complex real-world issues.|
|3||Evaluate existing knowledge bases and new ideas from interdisciplinary perspectives.|
|4||Critically appraise inter-cultural approaches to creative practice.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Develop personal skills and identity as a creative practitioner.
- Work collaboratively to generate creative solutions to complex real-world issues.
- Evaluate existing knowledge bases and new ideas from interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Critically appraise inter-cultural approaches to creative practice.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.