Increases students' awareness, knowledge and experience in understanding the diverse learning needs in educational settings. Explores issues related to working and teaching in various contexts, including social justice, equity, rights and diversity of cultural, refugee and Indigenous perspectives in local, national and international contexts.
Topic 1: Why Valuing Diversity? Exploring culture, diversity, identity, social justice, equity and rights
Topic 2: Cultural diversity and social identities at school
Topic 3: A fair go for all? Social in-justices and in-equity
Topic 4: Exploring inhibiting factors that impact on learning and wellbeing
Topic 5: Exploring enabling programs and approaches that support learning and wellbeing
Topic 6: Whole school approaches to inclusion - mapping unity through diversity
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Evaluate local and global data related to diverse learners’ needs and the impact this has on their learning outcomes.|
|2||Identify and analyse the factors that impact on the learning outcomes of children and young people.|
|3||Describe how the development of learner wellbeing influences a sense of belonging, and how social and cultural forces shape individual and group identities.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Evaluate local and global data related to diverse learners’ needs and the impact this has on their learning outcomes.
- Identify and analyse the factors that impact on the learning outcomes of children and young people.
- Describe how the development of learner wellbeing influences a sense of belonging, and how social and cultural forces shape individual and group identities.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.