Explores a range of research questions, literature, approaches, designs, and methods that are useful for practicing teachers and relevant to a contemporary research problem in education. Students develop conceptual and theoretical frameworks, and learn key research skills through the analysis, synthesis and evaluation of literature and present their findings in a format suitable for a professional audience.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||locate and critique literature in education|
|2||identify and relate problems, theories and paradigms in education|
|3||formulate and write a review of literature and a research approach for a problem in educational practice|
|4||demonstrate organisational referencing and citation skills appropriate to support the depth and breadth of research writing required for the unit|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- locate and critique literature in education
- identify and relate problems, theories and paradigms in education
- formulate and write a review of literature and a research approach for a problem in educational practice
- demonstrate organisational referencing and citation skills appropriate to support the depth and breadth of research writing required for the unit
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.