Supports the design and development of an independent research project in education. Through this project, students collect and analyse data or work with an existing data set that is relevant to practising teachers. Students present and discuss their research in a format suitable for a professional audience.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and justify a research topic, aims and objectives within a research paradigm approach and design|
|2||conceptualise data in a variety of ways and identify and apply methods for collecting and analysing data|
|3||identify and address ethical issues related to research in an educational context|
|4||understand ways of conceptualising, presenting and discussing findings|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and justify a research topic, aims and objectives within a research paradigm approach and design
- conceptualise data in a variety of ways and identify and apply methods for collecting and analysing data
- identify and address ethical issues related to research in an educational context
- understand ways of conceptualising, presenting and discussing findings
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.