Not currently available in 2023
Orients students to the principles, processes and 'languages' of research and its core purposes in education. Real world research examples with significant impact, which are deeply embedded in education settings, feature in the unit, with a view to initiating students to the domain of educational research and to building their own research identities.
- What is Educational Research?
- The tradition and role of research in education.
- What are the languages and processes of Educational Research?
- How is Educational Research distinct from educational evaluation?
- Case studies of successful Educational Research that have transformed schools, teaching, learning and children and young people's lives.
- The issue of impact in Educational Research.
- Contemporary controversies in Educational Research.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the concepts, languages and processes of Educational Research|
|2||critically engage with a range of historical and contemporary Educational Research forms and examples|
|3||understand concepts of impact and influence in Educational research|
|4||analyse and understand a range of Educational Research examples and controversies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the concepts, languages and processes of Educational Research
- critically engage with a range of historical and contemporary Educational Research forms and examples
- understand concepts of impact and influence in Educational research
- analyse and understand a range of Educational Research examples and controversies
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.