2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
This unit should showcases the skills you gained whilst completing your Higher Degree Research program to help ensure work-readiness and assist in the future employability based on a short work-placement in industry, government, non-government organisations and academia, that was undertaken preferably within the first 18 months of candidature at Southern Cross University. This unit will showcase your acquired expert skills and knowledge within a professional working environment for career development and experience.
- Working effectively and independently in an industry, government or non-government organisation or academia for a minimum of 2 weeks to maximum of 60 days.
- Communicating complex knowledge and concepts with diverse audiences
- Applying expertise, skills and judgement to a professional workplace
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Complete a work placement (>2 weeks) or short-term professional work contract.|
|2||Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a professional environment.|
|3||Integrate into a workplace communicating complex knowledge and concepts with supervisors, other workers, clients, students and/or stakeholders.|
|4||Apply a high level of expertise, skills and judgement relevant to the professional workplace and work independently requiring minimal supervision.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Complete a work placement (>2 weeks) or short-term professional work contract.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a professional environment.
- Integrate into a workplace communicating complex knowledge and concepts with supervisors, other workers, clients, students and/or stakeholders.
- Apply a high level of expertise, skills and judgement relevant to the professional workplace and work independently requiring minimal supervision.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.