This discipline unit provides students with opportunities to build personal literacy, as well as the knowledge and skills to apply this in professional settings. Content topics will cover: literacy, professional literacy, and academic literacy.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate personal literacy competence to the high standard required for professional practice|
|2||analyse a range of texts for their text structure and language features|
|3||create a range of texts for a professional context|
|4||compose short responses displaying academic writing principles.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate personal literacy competence to the high standard required for professional practice
- analyse a range of texts for their text structure and language features
- create a range of texts for a professional context
- compose short responses displaying academic writing principles.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.