Designed for foundation year students to critique and reflect on English and literacy usage in Australian contemporary society, and to build self-awareness of English language, literacy, and literature knowledge, interests, and capacities. From this strong basis of self-awareness as a speaker, listener, reader, and writer of English, the unit provides students with opportunities to demonstrate English language and literacy usage to the high standard required for professional practice.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge and understandings of the pervasive nature of English and literacy and their role in everyday situations|
|2||demonstrate personal literacy to the high standard required for professional practice|
|3||analyse a range of texts for their text structure and language features|
|4||create a range of texts for a professional context|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and understandings of the pervasive nature of English and literacy and their role in everyday situations
- demonstrate personal literacy to the high standard required for professional practice
- analyse a range of texts for their text structure and language features
- create a range of texts for a professional context
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.