Introduces students to basic aspects of compliance management in engineering projects and organisations. Students will learn to plan compliant operations and projects in terms of safety, sustainability and quality.
Module 1: Legal frameworks
Module 2: Management systems
Module 3: Quality management systems
Module 4: Workplace health and safety management systems
Module 5: Environmental management systems
Module 6: Project approval
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain how key regulatory and compliance frameworks, including workplace health and safety, quality and sustainability, apply to engineering|
|2||identify and manage compliance risks|
|3||manage the project development approval process|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain how key regulatory and compliance frameworks, including workplace health and safety, quality and sustainability, apply to engineering
- identify and manage compliance risks
- manage the project development approval process
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.