Extends skills in logic, programming and experimentation to solve engineering problems. Students further develop their ability to conduct computer modelling and virtual experimentation using simulation packages. Students also extend their skills in programming and application of instrumentation and sensors for engineering experimentation and modelling through the analysis of practical engineering problems.
Engineering sensors and instrumentation
Programming for engineering simulation
Application of modelling software to solve engineering problems
Analysis of model accuracy, reliability, sensitivity and uncertainty
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and characterise a range of sensors and instrumentation used to make measurements in engineering|
|2||apply industry standard modelling and simulation software to solve engineering problems|
|3||critically analyse input and output data as part of a team to evaluate accuracy and uncertainty in models and simulations.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and characterise a range of sensors and instrumentation used to make measurements in engineering
- apply industry standard modelling and simulation software to solve engineering problems
- critically analyse input and output data as part of a team to evaluate accuracy and uncertainty in models and simulations.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.