Challenges students to engage in a wide range of social, environmental and economic aspects for sustainable futures in engineering management. Innovations in sustainable technologies are introduced in addition to decision making strategies. A case study enables students to explore sustainable engineering strategies for the future.
- Social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects
- Life-cycle approaches and sustainability metrics
- Sustainable technologies and innovations
- Planning and decision making
- Case studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically evaluate and reflect on social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects|
|2||apply evaluation tools for sustainable engineering practice decisions|
|3||identify and critically evaluate a range of emerging sustainable technologies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically evaluate and reflect on social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects
- apply evaluation tools for sustainable engineering practice decisions
- identify and critically evaluate a range of emerging sustainable technologies
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Structured online learning|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.