2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Challenges students to engage in engineering management for a wide range of social, environmental and economic aspects of a sustainable future. Decision-making strategies for shaping sustainability outcomes from infrastructure and engineering technology and new Innovations are explored. A case study enables students to apply strategies for a sustainable future across the engineering system life cycle, from concept to implementation and operation.
- Social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects
- Life-cycle approaches and sustainability metrics
- Sustainable technologies and innovations
- Planning and decision making
- Case studies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically evaluate and reflect on social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects|
|2||apply evaluation tools for sustainable engineering practice decisions|
|3||identify and critically evaluate a range of emerging sustainable technologies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically evaluate and reflect on social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainable engineering projects
- apply evaluation tools for sustainable engineering practice decisions
- identify and critically evaluate a range of emerging sustainable technologies
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.