|National Marine Science Centre Coffs Harbour|
The foundational unit provides an overview environmental management practices to regenerate terrestrial ecosystems. It introduces students to the specific requirements for life and biological processes in terrestrial ecosystems and their linkages with aquatic ecosystems, as well as management tools, legislation, risk assessment, and restorative practices that sustain and improve environmental quality and sustainability. This unit will also help students develop professional skills to become practicing environmental scientist scientists.
1. Ecosystem processes and linkages
2. Identifying and understanding ecosystem threats
3. Mitigating threats
4. Restoration and rehabilitation
5. Defining success
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify and discuss the causes, prevention and rehabilitation of a range of types of habitat degradation|
|2||apply discipline specific knowledge to identify and prioritise area for regeneration|
|3||discuss and evaluate the principles and practices of ecosystem regeneration|
|4||Critically analyse a selected land use or ecosystem degradation issue in relation to its management and its habitat regeneration potential|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the causes, prevention and rehabilitation of a range of types of habitat degradation
- apply discipline specific knowledge to identify and prioritise area for regeneration
- discuss and evaluate the principles and practices of ecosystem regeneration
- Critically analyse a selected land use or ecosystem degradation issue in relation to its management and its habitat regeneration potential
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.