2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
Introduces students to the requirements of the professional working environment and allows them to practise and reflect on workplace skills, under supervision outside of the University. It prepares students for entry to the workforce after graduation. Students write an application and are interviewed for a professional position on completion of their placement.
Content will depend on the placement.
Introduction to Internship Study
Getting a placement
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate understanding of the requirements of employment and workplace practices|
|2||apply interpersonal and technical skills necessary in their chosen field|
|3||demonstrate a willingness and capacity to undertake professional duties|
|4||write a cover letter, address selection criteria, develop a professional resume and perform well in a formal interview|
|5||critically assess and reflect on their workplace experience.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of the requirements of employment and workplace practices
- apply interpersonal and technical skills necessary in their chosen field
- demonstrate a willingness and capacity to undertake professional duties
- write a cover letter, address selection criteria, develop a professional resume and perform well in a formal interview
- critically assess and reflect on their workplace experience.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.