Develops an advanced understanding of biogeochemical processes that operate in a diverse range of ecosystems. The unit provides skills in planning and conducting environmental sampling and monitoring programs for monitoring and evaluating ecosystem processes. Instrument and sample collection techniques, that are part of environmental sampling and monitoring programs, will be used to generate data that will be synthesised into technical reports.
Module 1 – Global and Marine Carbon Cycle
Module 2 – Global and Marine Nitrogen Cycle
Module 3 – Terrestrial Carbon and Nitrogen Cycles
Module 4 – Marine and Terrestrial Phosphorus Cycle
Module 5 – Marine and Terrestrial Iron and Sulphur Cycles
Module 6 – Tools and Techniques for Biogeochemists
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the complex physical, geological, chemical and biological processes (biogeochemistry) in different ecosystems|
|2||demonstrate advanced skills related to the collection and storage of sediment, water, and biological samples|
|3||synthesise complex data sets to produce technical reports for a scientific audience.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the complex physical, geological, chemical and biological processes (biogeochemistry) in different ecosystems
- demonstrate advanced skills related to the collection and storage of sediment, water, and biological samples
- synthesise complex data sets to produce technical reports for a scientific audience.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.