Introduces students to superannuation and retirement planning. Students will engage in teacher-directed activities and experiences relevant to responsible superannuation and retirement planning and the provision of advisory recommendations to clients.
Module 1: The Australian Superannuation System and Legal and Regulatory Framework
Module 2: The Superannuation Lifecycle and Superannuation Contributions
Module 3: Superannuation and Taxation and Superannuation Products (Funds, Annuities and Savings Accounts)
Module 4: Superannuation Products (Self-Managed Superannuation Funds and Insurance)
Module 5: Superannuation and Family Law and Retirement Planning I
Module 6: Retirement Planning II and Social Security
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the Australian superannuation system and regulatory and legal framework|
|2||describe key components of the superannuation lifecycle, contributions and taxes|
|3||identify and appraise superannuation and retirement products and apply to client specific situations|
|4||develop strategies and provide advisory recommendations on superannuation and retirement planning (including social security).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the Australian superannuation system and regulatory and legal framework
- describe key components of the superannuation lifecycle, contributions and taxes
- identify and appraise superannuation and retirement products and apply to client specific situations
- develop strategies and provide advisory recommendations on superannuation and retirement planning (including social security).
- Jones, S, 2019, Australian Superannuation Handbook 2019-20, Thomson Reuters (Lawbook Co). ISBN: 9780864697943.
- McKeown, W, Olynyk, M, Ciancio, L and La, D, 2020, Financial Planning, Essentials Edition, 3rd ed, Wiley. ISBN: 9780730385738.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.