Introduces students to insurance and risk management. Students will engage in teacher-directed activities and experiences relevant to responsible insurance and risk management and the provision of advisory recommendations to clients.
Module 1: Insurance and Risk Management and Insurance Law
Module 2: Insurance Contracts
Module 3: Insurance Products (Personal)
Module 4: Insurance Products (General and Compulsory)
Module 5: Insurance Strategies
Module 6: Insurance and Taxation and The Insurance Claims Process
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of insurance contracts and how they are constructed, the claims process, and regulatory and legal framework|
|2||identify and evaluate key insurance and risk management areas|
|3||determine and assess client insurance coverage and risk management objectives in a range of contexts|
|4||develop insurance and risk management strategies and provide advisory recommendations.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of insurance contracts and how they are constructed, the claims process, and regulatory and legal framework
- identify and evaluate key insurance and risk management areas
- determine and assess client insurance coverage and risk management objectives in a range of contexts
- develop insurance and risk management strategies and provide advisory recommendations.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.