Introduces students to estate planning and financial plan construction. In this capstone unit, students will develop professional skills by engaging in teacher-directed activities and experiences relevant to responsible estate planning and the construction and presentation of an estate plan and comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).
Module 1: Estate Administration, Wills, Attorneys and Guardians
Module 2: Trusts and Asset Protection
Module 3: Family Law, Insolvency and Superannuation Death Benefits
Module 4: Business Succession Planning and Other Estate Planning Issues
Module 5: Financial Plan Construction I
Module 6: Financial Plan Construction II
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and evaluate client information, risk tolerance, and needs and objectives|
|2||apply an understanding of the estate planning process, key estate planning areas, and regulatory and legal framework|
|3||construct and present an estate plan|
|4||construct and present a comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and evaluate client information, risk tolerance, and needs and objectives
- apply an understanding of the estate planning process, key estate planning areas, and regulatory and legal framework
- construct and present an estate plan
- construct and present a comprehensive Statement of Advice (SOA).
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.