Introduces learners to the principles, standards and practices used for healthy and sustainable food production. Learners explore the important role that both plants and animals play in human health and nutrition, as well as the legal standards and ethical and political debates related to organic food production.
Module 1: Healthy and sustainable food production
Module 2: Plants and animals in organic food farming
Module 3: Understanding the nutritional quality of organic food
Module 4: Food standards and legal debates
Module 5: The ethics of organics
Module 6: Understanding demand and supply
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||analyse the different ways and types of producing healthy and sustainable food|
|2||explain the complex interactions between plants and animals in regenerative, organic food production|
|3||critically analyse the nutritional and health benefits of sustainably-produced food|
|4||evaluate ethical, political and legal standards and debates related to healthy and sustainable food production|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse the different ways and types of producing healthy and sustainable food
- explain the complex interactions between plants and animals in regenerative, organic food production
- critically analyse the nutritional and health benefits of sustainably-produced food
- evaluate ethical, political and legal standards and debates related to healthy and sustainable food production
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.