2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Introduces students to the theory and practice of silviculture, by reviewing the underlying physiological and ecological principles and explaining how these are applied in controlling the composition, growth and regeneration of native forests.
1. Disturbance and regeneration in Forests Systems
2. Regeneration systems and techniques in native forests
3. Eucalypt Forests — young and old
4. Regulation and management in silviculture
5. Designing silviculture systems
6. Tropical rainforest silviculture
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||understand how disturbance and forest regeneration form the basis of forest management|
|2||describe native silvicultural systems of Eucalypt and other forests|
|3||analyse how regulations apply to silvicultural systems and management objectives|
|4||evaluate and design native silvicultural systems for forest production, restoration, and conservation outcomes.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand how disturbance and forest regeneration form the basis of forest management
- describe native silvicultural systems of Eucalypt and other forests
- analyse how regulations apply to silvicultural systems and management objectives
- evaluate and design native silvicultural systems for forest production, restoration, and conservation outcomes.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.