Examines the cellular and tissue organisation of the human body, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous system and special sensory organs, and the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive systems. Students explore anatomical structures on human cadaveric specimens. Students use anatomical models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
- Cellular and Tissue Organisation
- The Integument
- The Nervous System
- The Sensory Organs
- The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Male and Female Reproductive System
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level
- describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body
- demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.
- No prescribed texts.
- This refers to the hard copy (an eText is available - see info in ‘Req online resources’). I packaged the hardcopy with access to the publisher’s online resources, called ‘Mastering A&P’. Access to this is essential, include it in your purchase of the following required text see below. Note: If you have an earlier edn of the textbook just purchase the Mastering A&P online software package from Pearson.com.au directly. (Textbooks no older than 8th edn and newer such as 10th edition are fine): Marieb, EN, Heisler, R, Wilhelm, PB &, Mallatt, JB, 2019, Human Anatomy, Global Edition + Mastering A&P with etext, 9th edn, Pearson. ISBN: ISBN: 9781488658297.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.