Our body’s ability to move efficiently and proficiently changes over time and is pivotal to our participation in physical activities such as sport and exercise. In this unit, you will explore the many changes that we observe in youth and the factors that affect these changes.
- Motor development fundamental concepts
- Motor skill development
- Youth physical fitness
- Motor skill competence
- Youth physical activity
- Growth and maturation
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe fundamental concepts in motor development|
|2||explain physical, physiological, and motor development in youth|
|3||analyse the factors that impact growth, maturation, and motor development|
|4||demonstrate proficiency in developmentally appropriate assessments relevant to sport and exercise science|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe fundamental concepts in motor development
- explain physical, physiological, and motor development in youth
- analyse the factors that impact growth, maturation, and motor development
- demonstrate proficiency in developmentally appropriate assessments relevant to sport and exercise science
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.