Enables participants to critically reflect, examine and evaluate their leadership knowledge and capabilities within clinical, managerial and/or teaching in a higher education context. Participants use a fusion of evidenced based approaches, intra-personal and inter-personal capabilities to evaluate innovative practices within their continually changing workplace.
- Interrogate the construct of emotional intelligence within the context of leading change
- Strategic policy contexts impacting upon operational implementation of innovation within clinical environments
- Exploration of leading self and others to promote continuous innovation through, transformational and congruent leadership approaches
- Applying principles of evidence and evaluation to support innovative change within clinical settings
- Formulating professional development plans for developing and maintaining capabilities to lead innovative change within clinical environments.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||analyse and explore mechanisms to evaluate the efficacy of interventions delivered within their work-based contexts and evidentially support the need for innovative change||Intellectual rigour||Creativity|
|2||explore in depth the contexts of their organisational environment to identify and respond to drivers supporting and negating opportunities for innovative change||Creativity|
|3||apply a range of leadership theories to health and social care organisational contexts to critically explore the efficacy of each theory in achieving innovative change||Creativity|
|4||critically apply inter- and intra-personal leadership capabilities to the processes of leading, implementing, evaluating and embedding innovative clinical practices within health and social care organisational contexts||Communication and social skills|
|5||critically apply relevant policy, both operational and strategic, to the identified need for innovative change within their work-based contexts.||Intellectual rigour|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2017 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.