|Lismore||Session 2||Session 2|
|Online||Session 2||Session 2|
Students will complete their independent research project and thesis on an established timeline as appropriate to their project. Students will be supervised by academic staff member(s) with expertise relevant to the topic.
Independent scholarship guided by academic supervisor(s) in the execution and completion of a theoretically grounded research project, which may include:
- Data collection and analysis
- Compliance with ethical approval processes and other regulatory frameworks
- Report and thesis writing
- Verbal presentation of research project
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||execute and complete a piece of research and scholarship (including technical skills) under supervision||Intellectual rigour|
|2||consolidate and apply critical thinking and judgement in developing new understanding||Creativity|
|3||communicate as an independent contributor to the research community in both verbal and written formats||Creativity||Communication and social skills|
|4||undertake research while complying with any cultural issue(s), regulatory frameworks and practising professional ethics relevant to the research question and methodology||Ethical practice||Cultural competence|
|5||demonstrate autonomy, well developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a learner||Lifelong learning|
|6||demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge of a field.||Knowledge of a discipline|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- execute and complete a piece of research and scholarship (including technical skills) under supervision
- GA1: Intellectual rigour
- consolidate and apply critical thinking and judgement in developing new understanding
- GA2: Creativity
- communicate as an independent contributor to the research community in both verbal and written formats
- GA2: Creativity
- GA6: Communication and social skills
- undertake research while complying with any cultural issue(s), regulatory frameworks and practising professional ethics relevant to the research question and methodology
- GA3: Ethical practice
- GA7: Cultural competence
- demonstrate autonomy, well developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a learner
- GA5: Lifelong learning
- demonstrate advanced theoretical and technical knowledge of a field.
- GA4: Knowledge of a discipline
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.