|Gold Coast||Session 2||Session 2|
Explores issues of leadership, management and professional development to facilitate the transition from student to competent beginning practitioner.
- Awareness of relevant professional bodies (such as Occupational Therapy Australia, Australasian Podiatry Council, Speech Pathology Australia, SARRAH (Services for Australian Rural & Remote Allied Health)
- National Registration or relevant professional body regulations and requirements
- Ongoing CPD requirements following graduation and post-graduate education opportunities
- Mentoring and other supports
- Working as a sole therapist/clinician
- Writing a curriculum vitae and/or resume, interviewing skills and addressing selection criteria
- Presentations from potential employers/recruiters, regulators and/or employment support services
- Other professionally relevant topics identified by students
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||outline a range of professional issues that newly graduated professionals may encounter in their discipline||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
|2||critically evaluate the influence that personal, professional and external contextual factors may have on professional practice||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
|3||demonstrate effective job seeking and interviewing skills||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
|4||reflect on personal professional development needs and conceptualise strategies for on-going learning, support and mentoring following graduation||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
|5||demonstrate clinical competence within a discipline||Lifelong learning||Communication and social skills|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.