|Gold Coast||Session 1||Session 1|
Students undertake clinical practice and case-based tutorials where they will apply clinical reasoning, profession specific and interdisciplinary skills to clients with a range of disorders.
Theory and preclinical information on:
- Principles of interdisciplinary practice and roles within interdisciplinary teams
- Evidence-based practice using the International Classification of Functioning (ICF), Disability and Health Framework
- Clinical reasoning and treatment planning for clients with a range of disorders
- Discipline specific assessment and intervention techniques
- Interdisciplinary approaches to client management.
Clinic experience (under supervision) in:
- Assessing and interpreting clinical data
- Writing reports of findings; providing recommendations regarding intervention and planning for intervention
- Presentation and discussion of client details to audiences as appropriate
- Selecting outcome measurements to track progress of clients
- Applying profession specific and inter-professional assessment and intervention skills.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||apply effective clinical reasoning, profession specific and inter-professional skills for clients with a range of disorders, and critically reflect on clinical practice||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||conceptualise and integrate use of the ICF, Disability and Health framework in the diagnosis of impairment (body function and structure) and its impact on life activities and participation||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||assess, plan, implement, measure and evaluate intervention for clients and their caregivers based on appropriate evidence, and using relevant technologies||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
|4||write professional reports that include recommendations based on evidence and justified with clinical reasoning||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
|5||identify and describe the roles of members of the inter-disciplinary team involved in client management and care||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Lifelong learning|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.