|Gold Coast||Session 1||Session 1|
Strengthens students' knowledge of accountability issues for health professional practice and expands discipline-specific and inter-professional clinical reasoning.
- Autonomous practice: Nature, responsibilities implications and limitations.
- Human rights principles and health.
- Role and requirements of being an expert in regards to the legal system.
- Role and requirements of being an expert in regards to policy development.
- Ethics and ethical reasoning in health practice, research and business.
- Accountability principles and procedures.
- Clinical decision making and advanced clinical reasoning.
- Meta-awareness skills.
- Advanced inter-professional skills.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||apply principles and explain implications of autonomous practice||Ethical practice|
|2||critique the application of human rights principles to health professional practice||Intellectual rigour|
|3||evaluate the expectations and responsibilities of being an expert, in regards to both policy development and the legal system||Ethical practice|
|4||adapt accountability principles and procedures to complex clinical scenarios||Ethical practice|
|5||critically discuss clinical decision making and clinical reasoning in novel and complex situations||Ethical practice|
|6||evaluate clinical reasoning and meta-awareness skills in complex profession specific and interprofessional case studies||Creativity|
|7||evaluate how clinical reasoning and ethical reasoning inform person-centred care||Ethical practice|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.