Develops an understanding of small business and entrepreneurship in the allied health, sport and fitness industries in Australia, techniques for starting new ventures including undertaking relevant research, and provides students with the opportunity to develop and present a business plan related to an allied health or sporting/fitness enterprise.
- Identifying business opportunities
- Getting started in small business
- Business plan and pitch basics
- Financial and other considerations
- Case studies in small business
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain the challenges facing entrepreneurs when starting a new business in Allied Health, Fitness and Sport industries|
|2||outline effective analysis tools for determining business viability|
|3||apply strategic marketing techniques to a new business idea in Allied Health, Fitness and Sport industries|
|4||apply foundational business planning principles to pitch a business idea|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain the challenges facing entrepreneurs when starting a new business in Allied Health, Fitness and Sport industries
- outline effective analysis tools for determining business viability
- apply strategic marketing techniques to a new business idea in Allied Health, Fitness and Sport industries
- apply foundational business planning principles to pitch a business idea
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.