Introduces students to interprofessional practice and the professional requirements of practice as a health professional. Students will explore the roles, responsibilities, of their own and other disciplines and how to work together to deliver collaborative-person centred care. A second focus of this unit is to prepare students for their early placement experiences by recognising the legal, regulatory, and ethical expectations of practice.
Introduction to interprofessional education and collaborative person-centred practice
Interprofessional teams and team functioning
Preparation for work integrated learning
Value, ethics and safety – legal and regulatory requirements of healthcare
Foundations of health careers
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the contribution of own and other disciplines in improving stakeholder outcomes|
|2||demonstrate interprofessional communication skills appropriate for person-centred care|
|3||develop strategies that can be applied during work integrated learning to optimise professional and career development|
|4||outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the contribution of own and other disciplines in improving stakeholder outcomes
- demonstrate interprofessional communication skills appropriate for person-centred care
- develop strategies that can be applied during work integrated learning to optimise professional and career development
- outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Prescribed Learning Resources may change in future Teaching Periods