Not currently available in 2022
Introduces students to interprofessional practice and the professional requirements of practice as a health professional. Students will explore the roles, responsibilities, of their own and other disciplines and how to work together to deliver collaborative-person centred care. A second focus of this unit is to prepare students for their early placement experiences by recognising the legal, regulatory, and ethical expectations of practice.
- Introduction to interprofessional education and collaborative person-centred practice
- Preparation for placement
- Interprofessional communication
- Interprofessional teams and team functioning
- Value, ethics and safety - legal and regulatory requirements of healthcare
- Foundations of health careers
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the contribution of own and other disciplines in improving outcomes|
|2||demonstrate interprofessional communication skills appropriate for person-centred care|
|3||develop strategies that can be applied during work integrated learning to optimise professional and career development|
|4||outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the contribution of own and other disciplines in improving outcomes
- demonstrate interprofessional communication skills appropriate for person-centred care
- develop strategies that can be applied during work integrated learning to optimise professional and career development
- outline relevant interprofessional and discipline-specific ethical, legal, and regulatory principles, frameworks, and practice standards
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.