Provides students with knowledge and skills essential for effective motor skill coaching. Students learn about the fundamental concepts and considerations that underpin good coaching practice, including reflective practice, and how to appropriately apply these concepts to their coaching. Particular emphasis is placed on developing students’ ability to communicate and rationalise motor learning and coaching decisions.
- Introductory concepts, measurement, and theories in motor learning and coaching
- Learner and coach considerations within sport and exercise
- Attention, memory, and learning transfer considerations in coaching
- Instructional and feedback consideration in coaching
- Practice design considerations in coaching
- Coaching in practice – bringing theory and practice together
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify foundational concepts and evaluate current models and hypotheses related to movement control and learning|
|2||design sessions to maximise motor learning outcomes in applied coaching contexts|
|3||evaluate the effectiveness of aspects of a coaching session intended to develop motor skills|
|4||demonstrate reflective practice skills in relation to motor skill coaching|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify foundational concepts and evaluate current models and hypotheses related to movement control and learning
- design sessions to maximise motor learning outcomes in applied coaching contexts
- evaluate the effectiveness of aspects of a coaching session intended to develop motor skills
- demonstrate reflective practice skills in relation to motor skill coaching
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.