Develops practical skills in exercise prescription and delivery in alignment with the scope of practice of an Accredited Exercise Scientist. Students learn to create exercise programs based on individual client needs to improve cardio-respiratory fitness, muscular strength and flexibility. Students practise delivering those programs with peers during laboratory sessions. Students will also undertake a 14-hour placement applying these skills. There is a strong focus on effective practitioner-client communication to develop rapport with a client, to provide clear instructions and to create a positive atmosphere during exercise delivery.
- Principles of exercise prescription; Creating safe and effective training sessions
- Understanding and monitoring physiological responses to exercise
- Instructional skills for exercise delivery for one-on-one and group-based exercise using both face-to-face and virtual (e.g. telehealth) delivery modes
- Exercise prescription and delivery considerations for special populations
- Technology in exercise
- Challenges and opportunities in exercise prescription and delivery
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||create individualised exercise prescriptions for healthy individuals|
|2||explain the expected physiological adaptations to specific training methods|
|3||deliver safe and effective exercise sessions to improve the fitness of healthy individuals and special populations|
|4||develop communication and rapport building skills for effective exercise prescription and delivery|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- create individualised exercise prescriptions for healthy individuals
- explain the expected physiological adaptations to specific training methods
- deliver safe and effective exercise sessions to improve the fitness of healthy individuals and special populations
- develop communication and rapport building skills for effective exercise prescription and delivery
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.