Provides students the opportunity to work through the exercise prescription process including initial client consultation, exercise testing, exercise prescription and exercise delivery. It includes a strong practical component designed to increase student confidence in the gym setting and improve client-practitioner communication skills. Advanced topics in exercise physiology are also studied as they relate to the roles of an accredited exercise scientist and accredited sports scientist.
- Initial client consultation
- Exercise testing
- Exercise prescription
- Exercise delivery
- Advanced topics in exercise physiology and sports science
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of, and assess, appropriate exercise testing protocols for different individuals|
|2||apply knowledge of the principles of exercise prescription|
|3||respond to and reflect on challenges faced in training monitoring and prescription|
|4||explain the body's physiological responses to specific training methods, environmental stresses, and ergogenic aids|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of, and assess, appropriate exercise testing protocols for different individuals
- apply knowledge of the principles of exercise prescription
- respond to and reflect on challenges faced in training monitoring and prescription
- explain the body's physiological responses to specific training methods, environmental stresses, and ergogenic aids
- American College of Sports Medicine, 2019, ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 10th edn, Wolters Kluwer.
- Powers, SK, Howley, ET, 2018, Exercise Physiology Theory and Application to Fitness and Performance, 10th edn, McGraw Hill Education, New York.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.