2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
Offers students, as emerging practitioners, the opportunity to build on their capabilities to enter the workforce as they learn how to profile their career experience, support themselves and others in the workplace, to adapt to continuous change and the rise of new roles and responsibilities in healthcare. Students are given the opportunity to work alongside their inter-disciplinary colleagues in exploring their roles in leadership, education and research in ensuring best practice.
- Careers: the recruitment process and securing a job
- Preparing to practice
- Professional development and learning
- Career pathways
- Clinician self-care and emotional Intelligence
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||construct professional employment strategies|
|2||critically explore career pathways and associated professional development strategies, support and mentoring for life-long learning|
|3||integrate capability and experience into employment applications|
|4||evaluate the role of the health care professional in developing and maintaining resilience and self-care|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- construct professional employment strategies
- critically explore career pathways and associated professional development strategies, support and mentoring for life-long learning
- integrate capability and experience into employment applications
- evaluate the role of the health care professional in developing and maintaining resilience and self-care
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.